September 15, 2009

Fork This

Sometimes it's funny how life works out. I've been trying for a long time to figure out a few things in my life. Namely, why I can't seem to maintain a stable relationship. Yes, I'm taking blame for reoccurring problems across all my past relationships. Let's face it, I'm the only constant in all these situations. It's always easier to look at other people's problems and be able to recognize where their issues arise. Not so much in your own life.

The analogy of the fork in the road is very popular. And general convention seems to think that there are only two choices at said fork. I'm here to tell you that there are three choices: right, left or back. I seem to be standing at that fork, weighing my options and not getting a clear picture of anything. But of course, as I usually do, I'm testing the dirt on all three paths; taking a few steps down one path then backtracking and taking a few steps a different way. I've been doing this for most of my adult life and it hasn't worked out for me thus far. It's time to make some changes and it's time to take responsibility.

0 comments: