December 30, 2009

Best Songs of the 2000's - Hip Hop/R&B

What a decade for Hip Hop and R&B! When I was putting this list together I had the worst time trying to do just twenty-five. Of all my lists this one could have gone on for one hundred easily. Then when I did get things down to twenty-five I had a tough time ranking them. But here goes:

#25. I Love College - Asher Roth

Who didn't love college?

#24. Side 2 Side - Three 6 Mafia

A great song for all the guys who don't dance.

#23. My Block - Scarface

Life in the 'hood and why I can't leave.

#22. Ridin' - Chamillionaire

Can you see me ridin' dirty? I can. Whatever that is...

#21. Switch - Will Smith

A great little dance tune and a return to form for Will Smith.

#20. The Next Episode - Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg

We were chillin' for this song for a long time.

#19. Where Is The Love? - Black Eyed Peas featuring Justin Timberlake

You gotta love hearing the C.I.A., The Bloods, The Crips and KKK all name dropped as terrorists.

#18. It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp - Terrance Howard

It truly is hard out here for a pimp. Story of my life.

#17. Try Again - Aaliya

Timbaland produced this excellent track for Aaliya and it only makes me wonder what that collaboration would have produced in the future.

#16. Single Ladies - Beyonce

I dare you not to sing along. Or dance...

#15. Gold Digger - Kanye West

Kanye West is an egotistical douchebag! But damn, he writes catchy songs.

#14. Lap Dance - N.E.R.D.

A song about one of my favorite things. You figure it out.

#13. I Try - Macy Gray

One of the most recognizable voices of the decade.

#12. If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys

Desperation and pleading all tied up in a perfect bow.

#11. Jesus Walks - Kanye West

Kanye West is an egotistical, entitled douchebag! But damn, he writes good songs.

#10. In Da Club - 50 Cent

Did anyone know 50 was shot nine times?

#9. Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams together. I need a moment...

#8. Ms. Jackson - Outkast

Forever? Forever ever?

#7. Yeah! - Usher

This one will be a dance floor favorite twenty years from now.

#6. Ride Wit Me - Nelly

This may be the perfect summer song.

#5. Stan - Eminem

Eminem knows how to bring the creepy. Just look at that performance with Elton John at the Grammys.

#4. 99 Problems - Jay-Z

At least Beyonce didn't make his list.

#3. Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly

What do you do when you're wrapped up in a sex scandal? Produce a song about sex of course.

#2. Lose Yourself - Eminem

Eminem ruled this decade but this is his masterpiece.

#1. Hey Ya - Outkast

One of the happiest songs about a break-up ever. I wish they could all feel this much fun.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!

0 comments: