July 7, 2010

Common People

A few years ago I ran into a girl I knew back in college. I hadn't seen her in many years and oh how things had changed. Back in school I really wanted to get to know her a lot better but I had a girlfriend at the time and quite honestly she was a bit too wild for me. Still, she was beautiful and I couldn't deny the attraction. We kept running into each other over the years. Each time she paid less and less attention to me until we just smiled at each other and never spoke.

Fast forward almost a decade and I saw her at the post office. I'm not sure that she saw me but she was still beautiful and had a kid in tow. I watched her get into a Lincoln Navigator and drive off presumably to her very nice Hendersonville house. Back in school she liked to party and seemed more attracted to guys like myself than someone who could buy her a Navigator. I remember finding out that she came from money which might explain her attraction to guys that didn't have it. Just goes to show that eventually poor little rich girls find their own.

0 comments: