September 8, 2010

Where Do We Go From Here...

I know I've been complaining about my (lack of a) love life lately. It's just that for the better part of a decade I consistently had a girlfriend or a wife or a friend with benefits. In the last year I have had no one. Okay, no one of consequence (sorry, you know who). This is completely foreign to me. Not because of ego or vanity but mainly because I can't figure out why. It's true that I am fairly picky about the women I date. It is also true that I have been pretty absorbed with work as of late. And it is also true that I just don't go out much these days so the opportunity to meet someone isn't really there. Plus, I'm finding that my tolerance for bullshit is hitting a new low. So party girls are out of the question. I'm sorry girls, it was fun while it lasted. On the flip side of this I'm really not looking to settle down and start making babies either. I've survived thirty-six years without kids, I think I can make it thirty-six more. That's not to say I can't or won't change my mind (I'm channeling my feminine side here). It just means that I'm not ready for that yet. Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone tomorrow.

On a somewhat related note, someone I know recently told me that they could see me dating Katy Perry. I'm not quite sure how to take that. Did they mean that I would be with someone young and hot with a musical side? Or did they mean that I'm a loudmouthed jackass like Russell Brand? I'm sure you all have a comment for this one....

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Be patient hun. She is out there.