December 1, 2016

Are You Ready For a New Sensation?

A lot has happened since I last posted over two years ago. It's hard to believe that I let two years go by without writing anything. I never would have done that in the past. But life gets to you sometimes and things that seem important fall by the wayside. I've been going through some changes as of late. I won't get into the details of the story but needless to say my life was turned upside down recently, in more ways than one. If you have read my blog at all you will know that I have a history with alcoholism and depression. Alcohol is no longer a problem for me but depression and anxiety are serious things that are misunderstood by a lot of people.

After I got sober I wound up in my doctor's office telling her about my issues. She prescribed a medicine I had heard of but did not know much about. That was Lexapro. And what a wonder it was for me. Suddenly I no longer felt sad or anxious. I was doing wonderfully and wanted everyone to know. Eventually she switched me to Celexa and I continued. The problems didn't come to my attention until years down the line. For close to 5 years I was living in a haze but did not realize it. And there were other side effects I won't get into here. The haze took away all my desire to do anything other than go to work and come home to plop down on my couch for the evening. I realized this last year but I was so hazy that I couldn't motivate myself to do anything about it. Eventually this all took a toll on my wife and I cannot blame her for being fed up with me.

In late October she told me I needed to go back to the doctor and tell her about what was happening. So I made the appointment and we discussed options. Switching medication was the best solution. It took a couple weeks of being on the new meds for me to really start to see a difference. And boy, have I felt a difference. The haze is finally gone and I feel like a brand new man. I'm glad my wife convinced me to go to the doctor. I feel better than I have in years and my motivation has found its way back home. 2017 is going to be a fun year.

Fingers crossed and prayers appreciated.

1 comments:

Sidra Naz said...

This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. Swiss water process