March 29, 2010

There Are Places I'll Remember...


This used to be one of my favorite places in the world. More specifically that expanse of green grass there used to be a set of monkey bars. When I was a kid I loved climbing to the top of those monkey bars. I would stay up there while my Dad played softball a few hundred feet away. When I got older I would go there and climb to the top when I needed to think. I spent several nights dodging the police after hours in this park when I was just trying to be alone to think at 2 am.

A few years ago I stopped in the park to eat my lunch. I hadn't been there in awhile and was sad to see my monkey bars were gone. That place of childhood security and young adult angst no longer existed. The worst part was that it happened without knowing, like I had lost touch with an old friend then found out they had died in the mean time. I miss my favorite place....

0 comments: