May 20, 2009

Whatever Happened To...?

I sometimes wonder what happened to some of the local musical acts that I used to enjoy. The three that spring to mind are Milkshake?, Antonia and Mavis. All three of these acts were active around the years of 2000-2001 here in Nashville. I do know that Brent Kirby, the lead singer for Mavis, moved to Cleveland, Ohio to manage that town's Sam Ashe. And Antonia moved to London, England to pursue her music career. Her website vanished a few years ago and I haven't heard anything out of her since. But most perplexing to me is Milkshake?. They just weren't around one day. I ran into Elliot Wilcox a few years back after an Uptown Mix concert (so that will tell you how long that has been) and he said he was working on a new project. I have not seen or heard a word out of any of the members of Milkshake? since. I still enjoy listening to the few cds I have of all three acts but I would love to hear new material. Such is life in music. And this story is still being written for newer acts around town. It just seems a waste to see such talented musicians not play anymore. But who knows? Maybe all parties are playing five nights a week in another town with new bands and living out their rock n roll dreams. I like that scenario better.

0 comments: