February 2, 2010

It was the Best Day and the Worst Day...

Sunday started off as a great day. I have an upcoming show and for the first time in almost seven years I had all four original members of my band in one room. We jammed for close to four hours and worked on getting our set down. Things went really well and I left Ronnie's house with a sense of accomplishment and new excitement for the 19th. Nothing could bring me down. Until I went to meet a friend in East Nashville.

I pulled into the parking lot of the East library and took a parking place. Since I was only going to be at Red Door for a few minutes I thought I'd park on the street instead so I put it into reverse...and nothing happened. The clutch on my car needs to be double pumped sometimes for it to go into reverse so I tried again and I felt a pop. The stick felt like it was in neutral and it wouldn't go into gear. The linkage cable had broken. I spent most of Monday waiting for a tow truck because of the high number of weather related calls. It's going to cost me $300 to fix. Guess I won't be buying that new guitar amp I've had my eye on.

1 comments:

izzykent said...

that totally sucks babe. Sorry!