February 19, 2010

My "Fast" Life Days 22-30, The Conclusion

These last few days have been interesting. I've been planning my "exit strategy" for a little over a week now and still don't have a clear cut plan. I do know that I am not putting red meat back into my diet. I went six years without it and I survived just fine. It was around the time that I started up again that I started getting fat. I think there might be a connection. Sweets have never been a big problem so me so I'm not worried about them.

The funny thing that has happened since Sunday is my mind has kept telling me I'm close enough to the end that it will be okay to have the bad stuff. I sat in the movie theater for two hours that day fighting the urge to get popcorn. And there have been other things as well but I fought all the urges and made it to the end.

One thing I have heard from friends and family for the last thirty days has been, "I couldn't do that." I used to think like that myself. As time wore on when someone would say that I started editing the phrase in my head to "I don't have the willpower to do that," or "I don't want to do that." Ultimately that's what it comes down to. Anyone could do a thirty day fast if they wanted to but most of us don't. The words can't and won't are too easily mistaken these days.

So way back when I started I decided to do this fast I said I was going to go to Waffle House at 12:01 on February 19th. Well, I did and this was my reward for thirty days of discipline:



That was the best chocolate chip waffle I have ever had in my life. I think I'm gonna be sick now...

0 comments: