September 10, 2008

Tonight, Tonight


Yes, as I sit here drinking Michelob Honey Lager I am reminded of days (and nights) from the Summer of 1998. I had just graduated from college and I discovered this sweet nectar of the gods when I was browsing the beer aisle at the grocery store. Honey Lager was the only beer I drank that Summer. Whether it was sitting on the front porch or hanging out at Loco Lupe's, Honey Lager was my companion.
As time went on we grew apart and it was many years until I again purchased my friend from days gone by. But tonight while I was at the grocery store I happened to look up and see it sitting there in the cooler. To top it off, it was on sale. Sometimes revisiting old friends and loves can be a great thing. I believe I might hold on to this friendship for a while longer.

0 comments: